That super easy, chic dress that you can wear to so many occasions. Style over tops for an effortless look or with your go-to necklace and heels for parties all year round.
- dress size 10 – see customise tab below for options. (As the only one of it's kind, due to the rare vintage fabric used, this dress size is one size – but can be easily altered to your size.) Model is size 10-12.
- made in the UK
- no darts, this slip dress skims the body in a flattering, effortless drape. Wear one way for a slight V neckline, and the other for a sexier square.
- sophisticated side slit on your left side - approx 58cm high.
- vintage print and fabrics, washed and revived. Most of these fabrics are over 30 years old, when fabrics were woven with the ultimate fibres and construction.
- mostly silk - exact content unknown due to vintage origin.
- beautifully made spaghetti straps. Bra-friendly when easily styled over a top. With no bra go nipple proud or wear petals (fabric or re-usable silicone ones available easily online)
- maxi length, ideal to wear as is or with a belt.
#29 Slip was designed by Lizzie and made in August 2018 by Sigita in South London. She sold in September 2018 in Greek Street Pop-Up Shop to Nila.
Ready to feel on top of the world, without harming it?
Nila Long Slip Dress / Size 10
84cm 119cm 180cm 10
These are approximates.
This dress can be made to a smaller size - see customise tab.
Delivery and Returns
Free delivery to the UK Mainland.
International courier delivery approx £16.
If you’re not completely happy with your beautiful piece let us know and you can return it. Just notify us within 14 days of receiving your order. Please return it unworn and in its original condition so it can go to a new owner! Please see FAQ's for more infomation.
Care for Me
HAND WASH - for a lovely shine and no toxic residue:
Using delicate fabric handwash mix with room temperature water in a clean sink. Swish the fabric around for 5 minutes. Keep moving the fabric in the water so colours don’t transfer to other areas. For any stains use washing up liquid in that area,but try not to rub too hard as this can weaken or pull the yarns.
RINSE AND SOFTEN
Gently lift and softly press the fabric together to remove excess water (don’t squeeze or twist) then place in a bowl of cool/room temp water to rinse. When it comes to rinsing, add three tablespoons of white distilled vinegar. This will remove traces of the detergent and also restore the fabric’s natural shine. Don’t worry the smell will vanish when the piece dries. Alternatively rinse in just water and repeat process with a delicates softener.
Gently lift and softly press the fabric together to remove excess water. On a hanger, attach a folded towel (with safety pins), acting as a body for which the water will be absorbed. This also prevents any colours transferring from one area to another (check no part of the fabric is touching another). It will dry within 3 hours if in a well-ventilated room.
DRY CLEAN - 85% of dry cleaners use a toxic chemical called perc, that’s linked to respiratory issues, birth defects and air pollution. In the UK it is advised against childrenswear being dry cleaned – scary! Green and organic cleaners exist. If you have no option, ask your drycleaner to consider green processes, they often cost less and by asking you are showing them their market is changing, they should too.
Use a steam iron, on a piece of clean white cotton. Iron on the wrong side with a low heat.
We are a conscious brand with ethical motivations and mindful aspirations, we begin here:
1. Each fabric is hand selected for their colour compositions & artistic prints and created by our small, fairly paid team of seamstresses.
2. We bypass the fabric making, dying, etc. process (along with the social & environmental issues that come with them) by ethically sourcing existing silk fabrics.
3. We are 'Triple Sustainable' each purchase:
- Reduces the production of new materials,
- Reduces textile waste,
- Supports a small business that supports a fair-work place.
We can have this altered to fit you perfectly! We would recommend trying on the dress before hand - and using local alteration places for adjustments.
We can also do in house, see options below:
Resize to lower size - £25
Re-hem to your length - £20
Re-do strap length - £5
Why not visit our next event for a free personalised fitting.
We can do alterations as quickly as possible but this can take time if during a busy period, please let us know the urgency.
The value of a locally handmade, unique piece of clothing, made from historic fabrics is a soulful and quality investment.
Each We-Resonate piece has a unique number on it's label, like a limited addition print, but this is an original. With this number we track its history and extend its story into the future. The piece is forever a part of the We-Resonate archive online, showing the date, who brought it and who made it to future owners.
We-Resonate offer a buy back scheme so please get in touch.
Honesty is a big part of our brand policy.
The fabrics used are mostly over 30 years old.
The are selected for theiir high quality and strength. However, due to their age, small imperfections or colour differences can be seen on the fabrics. We have a tolerance level as we believe these minor imperfections also bring beauty and history to the piece.
We can only say, show these pieces care and love (whilst having fun) and they’ll last you many lifetimes.